Thankful for Salvation


Chester Shuller tells the following story:

A big Chicago cop paused one day and looked suspiciously at the fellow across the street, who stood with bared head, closed eyes and moving lips. His face was turned toward an obscure looking old building.

“Either sick or drunk,” Pat, the cop, decided. “Maybe nuts, in the bargain.”
Ambling over to the man, Pat touched him on the shoulder. “What’s the matter Mac? Not feeling good or something?”

The man opened his eyes. He smiled. “Feeling fine, officer.” Seeing the officer’s puzzled look, he continued: “You see, I was converted in that little, old building when it was a mission. And I never pass here without taking off my hat and saying “Thanks” to God. I met the Lord Jesus in there, Officer. My name is Billy Sunday.” Pat grinned and reached a big hand. “Put ‘er there, Bill!” he said. “I’ve heard about you. Now look, you keep right on with your praying and I‘ll keep the crowd away.”

How often do you stop and just say “thanks” to God for your salvation. On July 23rd, 1972, as a 16 yr. old boy at North Calvary Baptist Church in Philadelphia, MS, Jesus came into my heart. I am so very grateful for the salvation I have.

I want to be sure and thank my Lord for the sacrifice He made on Calvary for me. He paid the penalty of death for me. He through His death has given me pardon and forgiveness of sin.

 (1 Thess. 5:18)In everything give thanks”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is there any Hope?

Let the Church be the Church